Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Cleaning Doesn't HAVE To Be A Chore!


I LOVE a clean house...but...I confess that I HATE to clean.
I totally skipped Spring Cleaning last year,
because I didn't want to tackle such a big job.
Now...this year...it shows!

And, if you're as busy as I am...
just trying to find that much time..
to devote to spring cleaning can be daunting, to say the least.

Well...here's how I am going
to tackle my Spring Cleaning...I think it's the only thing that is going to work..
with my schedule!

1. I'm going to start with an 'outline' of the rooms in my house.
2. Take it 'one room at a time'.
3. Break the 'chores' down...per room.
4. ONLY do one room each WEEK.
5. Break 'larger' or more 'cluttered' rooms into two halves, thirds or fourths.
6. Be 'brutal'. If it doesn't fit, if I haven't used it in months (or years),
if you 'still' haven't gotten around to using it....get RID of it!
7. Don't forget to clean the vents, ceiling fans, air conditioner/ furnace filters.
8. Don't forget storage areas and the garage.
They might need to be 'de-cluttered' as well.

I tend to 'put-off' huge chores, like spring cleaning,
when I'm under such a tight work schedule. I can't take
the huge block of time this cleaning is going to take..all at once.
But, I can manage it in hourly increments.
So...whether I've broken the rooms into segments or not,
as long as I have my 'Spring Cleaing Outline'
I can just mark off what I've accomplished and
come back to the next task when I have that next block of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment