Monday, August 1, 2011

Refrigerator Pickles

I Love Refrigerator Pickles. They are so fast and easy to make.
I find they are the perfect 'solution'
to an abundant cucumber crop.

I love cucumbers..but when they are as plentiful
as they can be some years...
it's good to have a really easy recipe to
be able to enjoy them
later on.

Here's a quick video I found...with a different take on my own recipe...
but it's the same premise.

Here's my recipe...

7-8 cucumbers (sliced)
1 1/2 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 tsp mustard seed
4 c vinegar
4 small onions (sliced)
1 1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 c salt
4 c sugar

Mix spices, sugar and vinegar well.
Pour over cucumbers and onions and refrigerate.
Pickles will be ready in 4 or 5 days.

*For a bread and butter variation of this recipe...simply heat the mixture,
just to the boiling point,
and pour over the cucumbers and onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment